LISA/RUSI SEMINAR 2018 - The Royal United Services Institute Recommended
0 comments | by admin on June 19 , 2018
In cooperation with RUSI, London Institute of South Asia (LISA) held a seminar on ‘CPEC: Changing Geopolitical and Geo-economic dynamics in South Asia and beyond’ held at RUSI on 08 June 2018 at 9:30 am.
The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) and the London Institute of South Asia (LISA) organised this joint conference which was addressed by members of think-tanks and professionals who are linked with the project. It was attended by several diplomats, officials and scholars from China. Pakistan, India, United Kingdom, USA, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Italy. It was addressed by the following speakers:-
- Raffaello Pantucci (Director International Security Studies RUSI)
- Hasan Daud Butt (Project Director CPEC. Planning Commission, Government of Pakistan)
- Julian Hamilton (Chairman Pakistan Britain Business Council)
- Saeed Ismat ( A soldier and diplomat, currently Chairman London Institute of South Asia)
China–Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is the flag ship of Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). CPEC will not only benefit China and Pakistan but will have positive impact on Iran, Afghanistan, India, Central Asian Republic, and the region and beyond.
The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor is the flagship of Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) that could enable the possibility of a 21st Century Maritime Silk Route. It carries the vision of opening-up of and cooperation amongst nations. Here we shall witness a historical convergence of civilisations.
The seminar invited experts, analysts and leaders to discuss the CPEC including challenges and solutions. The regional and global impact including the socio- economic and strategic dimensions were discussed
In brief we intend It covered a wide range of sub themes including:-
- Strategic effects on security situation in South Asian region.
- Potential and prospects for economic development and integration.
- Strategic and tactical impediments to development of CPEC, challenges and solution.
- It examined the extent the CPEC could be instrumental in regional cooperation to end extremism/ terrorism and to alleviate poverty?
Speakers looked at various aspects of the project and assessed the opportunities and risks related to the project that’s seen globally as a game changer in the region. They said that regional countries, neighbours, Europe and America can associate with the project and become part of the phenomenon that’s unfolding in the region as a result of the CPEC development.
by admin on 20th , July 2018
by Kamran Yousaf on 19th , July 2018
by Jawed Naqvi on 18th , July 2018
by admin on 17th , July 2018
by Dr. Ghulam Nabi Fai on 16th , July 2018
by Kimberley Thomas on 14th , July 2018
by Jayashubha on 13th , July 2018
by admin on 12th , July 2018
by Catherine Heseltine on 11th , July 2018
by Asif Haroon Raja on 10th , July 2018